Challenger Learning Center of Indianapolis Mission Statement
Our vision is to create a scientifically literate population that can thrive in a world increasingly driven by information and technology. Our vision for the future is a global community where students command their own destinies by developing skills in decision making, teamwork, problem solving, and communication. This vision is based on a realistic assessment of the skills needed for success in the 21st century.
What is the Challenger Learning Center?
- A space science simulation for young people in grades 5 and older and adult leadership training groups.
- The Challenger Learning Center of Indianapolis offers 3 different simulations, each based on National Science and Math Standards.
- Individuals assume the role of a mission specialist operating a spacecraft and mission control to navigate the spacecraft and complete the mission.
- Individuals work as a team performing jobs that mirror science and technology careers in the real world.
- Individuals conduct experiments and model real astronauts during their space mission.